Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hahn-Bin for Vogue.com


I photographed violinist Hahn-Bin's pre-show makeup routine a few days ago..


Some of my favorites and some outtakes...








Hahn-Bin was cool..he didn't seem to mind me yammering on or getting really close and popping a flash right in eyes.




The room was small and the existing light was pretty horrendous...The process took some time so I was able to mess around with my little flash quite a bit






Some still lifes




I like these two




Apparently violinists can't take baths before shows or go grocery shopping because it ruins their finger tips






Almost done




Overview of the dressing room


Sound check


I had free rein during sound check


Last minute drink


Last minute touch ups


Last minute warm up


Last minute moves






He went to Julliard at 14 and has been studying under Itzhak Perlman for the last 10 years.


So then I came home and watched some videos of Itzhak Perlman and the last minute of him shredding in this video is one of the greatest thing I've ever seen. I like the old man Cello player smiling behind him at the end..




1 comment:

Michael George said...

This tells a really great story. Props.